Mercedes-Benz Road Care
Mercedes-Benz Road Care is one of the most comprehensive emergency roadside assistance and accident assistance services available in Australia.
As the proud owner of a new Mercedes-Benz, you automatically receive complimentary Mercedes-Benz Road Care for the duration of the Mercedes-Benz 3 year Owner Protection Plan period. Mercedes-Benz Road Care membership for Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles will be the same duration as the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles warranty period. Owners can continue to enjoy the benefits of Mercedes-Benz Road Care after the warranty period by purchasing an annual membership.
Mercedes-Benz Road Care is a dedicated program which provides 24 hour roadside and accident assistance services. Mercedes-Benz Road Care offers assistance with flat tyres, flat or faulty batteries, emergency fuel, loss of keys and more to look after all your driving needs. We may also provide emergency accommodation, a replacement vehicle and towing as well as medical assistance subject to the conditions contained below.
Roadside Assistance Benefits and Solutions
Out of fuel
Lost or locked keys
Vehicle Towing / Taxi
Should you require, we will provide you with one taxi ride to a maximum value of $200.00 (inclusive of GST), per breakdown, to help enable you to continue your journey to the nearest town or within the same city where the breakdown has occurred.
Should specialist equipment and/or towing become necessary, services may be provided at our discretion, but all additional costs above a standard call-out rate of $150 (inclusive of GST) will be at your responsibility.
Caravan and Trailer Assistance
• to the same repairer; or
• to a location as requested by you if it’s within the initial transportation distance; or
• up to 50 kilometres by road from the site of the immobilised vehicle, whichever is closest. Please refer to the section outlining limitations to towing.
It is your responsibility to inform our customer service assistant that your vehicle is towing a caravan or trailer prior to a service provider being dispatched to assist you. If you do not tell us, you may be responsible for any/all subsequent costs associated with the caravan or trailer towing.
This service does not extend to breakdown related matters associated with the caravan or trailer itself or caravan and trailer couplings where your vehicle is still mobile.
The caravan or trailer cannot exceed the legal towing weight or dimension restrictions for a passenger vehicle transporter. Roadside Assistance | Our continued commitment
Emergency Travel Benefits
1. Emergency Accommodation We will provide up to 4 nights accommodation up to the value of $200 per night including GST (room cost only) should you decide to remain with your vehicle while it is repaired locally. Any non-room charges or, amounts in excess of the limit will be solely borne by you. This benefit cannot be used in conjunction with car rental and will stop once your vehicle has been repaired.
2. Rental Vehicle We will provide a rental vehicle up to a limit of $1,000 including GST. Any amount charged in excess of this limit will be at your cost. You will be responsible for all fuel costs, toll charges, insurance excess reduction, excess kilometre charges, any traffic infringements, any damage and any excess or insurance waivers on the rental vehicle. This benefit cannot be used in conjunction with accommodation and will stop once your vehicle has been repaired.
3. Alternative Transportation We will transport you and up to four of your passengers to your home or to your intended destination up to a maximum of $1,000 including GST, per incident, should accommodation or a rental vehicle be unavailable. Any amounts charged in excess of this will be at your cost.
4. Vehicle Relocation If you have left the vehicle to continue your journey, vehicle relocation will be provided to deliver the vehicle, once repaired, to your home or intended destination (whichever is the nearest) where the distance between you and the selected authorised autobody repairer is greater than 70kms. Alternatively, return transport will be provided to enable the driver to pick up the repaired vehicle.
Emergency message relay
We will provide, wherever possible, emergency assistance with cancellation and rebooking of any pre-booked travel arrangements, including accommodation and flight reservations. Costs associated with rebooking or cancelling travel
Accident Assistance and Benefit Solutions
We will provide the following in the event of an accident where required:
• Establish if the vehicle is driveable;
• Arrange attendance of relevant emergency services i.e. Ambulance, Police, Fire Brigade;
• Advise you to obtain third party details;
• Advise you to obtain the details of any independent witnesses;
• Advise you if police should be called;
• Advise you to verify by sighting and obtain relevant parties’ driver’s license details.
Rental Car Arrangements
Emergency Travel Booking Service
• Referral via email notification to Mercedes-Benz Authorised Autobody Repairers;
• Record, maintain and provide insurance company with detailed referrals of Mercedes-Benz Authorised Autobody Repairers;
• Introduce Mercedes-Benz Authorised Autobody Repairers to customers;
• Reporting on each case and Mercedes-Benz Authorised Autobody Repairers referral details. Important Note: You should notify your insurance company as soon as possible regarding the costs (all costs associated with these services are at your cost, some state road authority regulations can restrict assistance).